Credit Risk Manager / Director
A new role to this Dublin operation, the Credit Risk Manager (Director level appointment) will have sole responsibility and face off against 1st line in the Dublin operation.
The main purpose of the role is to support the CRO in activities pertaining to Credit Risk Management.
- Ensure accurate, complete, objective assessment of all key credit risks in the business in Dublin through the identification, understanding and control of these risks.
- Review, validate and report credit risk to the CRO.
- Provide analysis, interpretation and consolidation of credit risk reporting and outputs to the CRO for onward reporting to the Executive and Board Risk Committee and the Board.
- Reviews and adjudicates credit submissions within the Bank's policies and guidelines applicable to Financial Institutions and approval of credit submissions within assigned limits and provide recommendations of credits beyond those limits.
- Reviews and adjudicates the Bank's Country reviews and recommendation of appropriate lending limits consistent with the Bank's lending policies and guidelines applicable to various regions.
- The position acts as a trusted advisor to the other business groups in the application of the Bank's lending policies and guidelines in the assessment / formulation of business strategies and providing perspectives and advice on credit products and deal structures where appropriate.
- Provides recommendations for i) changes to policies and guidelines, ii) input on Country limits and iii) on industry level strategy
- The position requires expert human relations skills in working with other business units, departments, industry groups and external organisations. This position plays a consultative role by sharing specialised knowledge and providing reasons / logic for own or bank decisions. The position must also support and foster an environment that is conducive to the generation of new ideas and concepts.
Ideally you will have a number of years' experience in credit risk management. Financial Institution and Sovereigns exposure
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.