Cost/GL Accountant in Waterford.
Our client, a leading operation in the South East - are looking to hire an experienced Cost/ GL Analyst to join their business in Waterford. This is an initial 12 month contract that may have potential to become a more permanent role.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will focus on providing solid financial and analytical support to the Commercial, Operations Businesses providing transparency over the operating results of the Business units, with specific focus lean initiatives, driving margin improvement, and providing costing / pricing model analysis for the business, including cost/benefit analysis on capital investment & PER oversight along with General Accounting analysis / support as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finance Cost Accounting Support includes, but is not limited to the following items:
- Preparation of Annual Standards as an output from the business process
- Prepare & Maintain accurate standard costs including labour and burden for BOM set up
- Analyse, and update standards where necessary, changes to product costs and manufacturing methods/service costs to determine effects on margin
- Measure and compare monthly and quarterly analysis to agreed targets including provision of variances on balance sheet and P/L analysis for management reporting
- Site Finance Operations support, includes, but is not limited to the following items:
- Objectively challenge the financials on process improvement projects driving operational lean efficiencies
- Provide financial support, insight and analysis on key strategic projects, including finance lead/support where required.
- Review trends and challenge current performance vs forecast/budget, identifying reconciliation items, risks and opportunities within business
- Site Finance Commercial Support as needed when approved by the Finance Manager, includes, but is not limited to the following items:
- Finance support on price model verification and associated cost models
- Deep Account Management of monthly Customer PL including margin by customer to Sales, Development and Operations teams including analysis of actuals vs model assumptions comparisons
- Owns Site Customer Rebates (review, reconciliation and analysis)
- Actively support stock counting process to ensure accurate reporting of stock valuation in the balance sheet
- Other Finance/Accounting Support as Needed
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor
- Strong numeracy and financial analytical /modelling skills
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA with min 5 years post qualified experience.
- Ability to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain financials to non-finance colleagues across the business
- Advance skills in Microsoft packages, specifically excel including pivot tables
- Financial Statement Preparation and Corporation Tax returns & Provisions
- Experience of working within a finance team preferably in a multinational environment
- Previous experience of US GAAP
- SOX Experience necessary
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers
- Team player, building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues in Finance and with stakeholder functions at all level of the business.
- Interpret a variety of instructions in written, diagram or schedule formats
- Must be able to organise and prioritise tasks for self and others
- Detail orientated and self-motivated
- Fast learner with high attention to detail
If you would like to hear more about this exciting new finance role, please contact Lesley Cooke in Morgan McKinley with an updated copy of your Cv for a confidential discussion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.