Opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to join a well-established, U.S HQ Technology Company and gain valuable industry experience.
Morgan McKinley are representing a well-established, U.S HQ Technology Company, to recruit a Tax Manager for their Dublin office.
This newly created position sits within the global finance function and will hold primary responsibility for managing the tax affairs of the Irish company. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer in Dublin, with an operational reporting line to the European Tax Lead.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated with drive and energy, willing to take ownership for the tax compliance function allowing them to work efficiently as a satellite for tax operations in Ireland. Occasional travel to the UK and US will be required. As well as aiding in the preparation of tax returns, year-end tax reporting and communications with the Irish Revenue, this individual will also have duties covering the administrative needs of the department.
This is a perfect opportunity for qualified tax consultant to gain valuable industry experience in a fast paced, international environment.
The ideal candidate will be AITI/ACA qualified, with 1-3 years' PQE.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and management of the Irish corporation tax returns through detailed expenses analysis and the subsequent entry of that information into the tax return software.
- Preparation of tax calculations for the year end for the Irish entities under US GAAP & IAS, as well as forecasting tax payments throughout the year.
- Working alongside finance colleagues to produce monthly tax forecasts for the European Tax Leader to help maintain the effective tax rate of the group
- Maintaining the company tax clearance and residence certification files. Requesting new certificates from the Revenue as they become due and as they may be requested by the business.
- Supporting the organization's Transfer Pricing policy; ensuring all DBIS related intercompany transactions and documentation adhere to Corporate Tax guidance
- Assisting US TP colleagues in production of TP models for new products
- Assistance with information gathering and preliminary calculations for Irish R&D claims together with IDA grant applications and Management of the KDB.
- Providing local support and guidance where necessary for finance colleagues on VAT and payroll taxes
- Production of and maintenance of Irish Tax risk register identifying exposures and recommending remediation plans
- Production and maintenance of all tax process documentation to cover CT, PAYE and VAT
- Providing regular tax updates to local management and wider tax team regarding tax legislation developments impacting the business
- Providing tax administrative support for the team through the production of letters, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Assisting European Tax Leader and finance colleagues with cash repatriation projects
- Professional accounting AND/OR tax qualification (AITI/ACA).
- Big 4/Top 10 experience is preferable.
- 1- 3 years' PQE, with experience in an international environment
- An excellent working knowledge of US GAAP & IAS
- A well-rounded knowledge of all tax heads
- Preferably experience with Oracle and Alphatax.
- Strong analytical skills, pro-active, and customer focused
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good numeracy and keyboard skills with high level of accuracy
- Able to work cross functionally and resolve customer queries in a timely and professional manner
- Drives for results and is action orientated
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.