Exciting Opportunity to Join a Corporate Actions Team in a Leadership Capacity
Day to day activities include;
- Ensuring that the team completes certain daily operational tasks in accordance with defined procedures.
- Pro-actively review procedures and risk and ensure that issues identified are resolved.
- Checking accuracy of any cash dividend input to the Accounting system ensuring this is completed timely and accurately Checking notifications to Portfolio Managers and Instructions to Custodians.
- Monitoring status of corporate actions events during their life cycle.
- Ensuring adherence to departmental procedures.
- Resolution of queries arising from corporate actions and escalating where necessary.
- Oversee the team's Custody reconciliation breaks, both cash and stock, ensuring timely and accurate resolution.
- Maintaining relationships and communication between corporate actions and stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Assignment of actions and tasks across the corporate actions team.
- Support line manager in training and mentoring of junior members of the team participation in key departmental projects.
- Working with the Manager in setting individuals goals and providing input to the wider departmental goals.
- Providing formal feedback on Custodian Performance and being present at custodian service level meetings.
Who you are
- A minimum 3-5 years global corporate actions experience at a Supervisory level is required.
- Experience within an Investment Management environment is desirable.
- Good time management skills with emphasis on ability to prioritise own work and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work effectively during pressure periods
- Good team worker sharing knowledge effectively and showing a flexible work approach
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels
- Self-starter with a dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to make things happen
- Knowledge of Fixed Income / Derivative type instruments
- Experience of participating in projects and procedural enhancements
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to "think on your feet" and develop innovative and effective solutions to problems
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.