We are currently seeking an experienced Control Systems Automation Engineer
This is a 12-month Fixed-Term Contract role to join our client's site in South Dublin.
As a member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment, the Controls Engineer is responsible for and involved in process development, troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production process and equipment in the assigned manufacturing area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, design, and evaluate controls and vision aspects of equipment and/or processes. Requirement for novel and innovative approaches;
- Manage controls and vison aspects of projects related to product & equipment development;
- Liaise with R&D teams as required, providing design for manufacture (& design for test) input on component / assembly development projects;
- Provide support to operations, optimising existing processes as needed to ensure that engineering work orders / production related goals are met;
- Develop knowledge to become the subject matter expert for assigned processes;
- Drive process improvements through identification of problem areas/opportunities and collaborate with internal groups and external vendors using Lean / Six Sigma and project management techniques;
- Drive structured problem-solving through data collection in collaboration with technician and engineering groups;
- Assist with Quality Non-conformances, Customer Complaints and CAPA investigations;
- Create learning opportunities for Associates to take part in team building, brainstorming, blitz, project planning sessions, and to build relationships throughout the organization;
- Liaise with external equipment manufacturers / suppliers;
- Ensure that all group activities are fully compliant with the Business Quality Policy;
- Adherence to current health, safety and environmental best practice, ensuring that all work is appropriately risk assessed;
- Other work relevant to skills as requested by the Engineering Leader.
The successful candidate would have a primary degree in an Engineering discipline and have a vast process engineering experience within a regulated manufacturing environment. Strong data analysis skills and experience applying Six Sigma or equivalent structured problem-solving approaches.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Cognex InSight vision systems and Allen Bradley Studio5000 PLC programs. High speed automation experience, equipment validation and documentation are advantageous.
The benefits are very attractive including a bonus scheme with the option of either cash or Shares, Family Health Insurance, better than average pension contributions based on your full salary and other fantastic benefits.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.