Compliance & Risk Officer (PCF) | Dublin
There is a brand new position available for a Compliance & Risk Officer to join a fast growing financial services company in Dublin City Centre.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Compliance & Risk Officer has a wide variety of responsibilities, acting as the 'go to' person for all compliance and risk queries.
This role provides exposure to senior management and regular presentations to board members, enabling you to progress your career on a personal and a professional level as well as providing educational support along the way.
If you are seeking a role in a company that has a strong culture, then this Compliance & Risk Officer role may be for you.
- Regularly update officers in the organisation re risk and compliance policies and frameworks, ensuring all employees are compliant and working within regulatory frameworks
- Provide training on any new legislations and/or practises within the risk and compliance remit to all members of the organisation including board members
- Implement a positive risk culture within the organisation across all levels
- Point of contact within the organisation for all queries, acting as an 'expert' within your field
- Ensure attendance at board meetings, providing updated quarterly reports to identify any risk and compliance developments
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual compliance plans
- Ensure any breaches are logged and monitored
- Carry out assessments to identify any compliance issues that may arise and mitigate any risks
- Review any materials within the organisation for compliance approval, ensuring all materials are in line with regulations
- Carry out system testing and controls to ensure risk frameworks are fit for purpose, revising where necessary
- Maintain an up to date risk register, reporting any risks and working closely with the CEO to mitigate same where appropriate
- Annual preparation of audit plans and communicate any audit findings with the audit committee
- 5 years' experience working in a similar role - Compliance & Risk
- Previous experience working in a Credit Union would be a distinct advantage
- Certificate in compliance essential
- Strong technical understanding of compliance processes and risk regulatory practices in Ireland
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Third Level Education
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.