New role, well regarded insurance business in Dublin, heading up compliance
This Compliance Manager will be responsible for supporting the business in ensuring that it meets its regulatory requirements across all aspects of regulatory compliance across the business.
This role will be involved in delivering on all aspects of the Compliance Policy requirements as they relate to the business. A key part of this role will be to help support the relationship with the Central Bank of Ireland and ensure that the business is positioned to meet the Central Bank's expectations in relation to the management of compliance risk. This role sits on the executive board, reporting directly to the CEO and is a brand-new role.
The role requires ensuring that all relevant business areas are kept informed of material issues relating to compliance. An important part of the role will be to work closely with the risk function to ensure effective implementation of the risk management system required under Solvency II and development of compliance assurance in line with CBI expectations. An important part of the role will also be to work closely with the business to ensure appropriate implementation of an effective customer culture across all parts of business.
- Acting as a Compliance lead providing advice and Guidance to the business on both conduct and prudential regulatory requirements and appropriate compliance.
- Monitoring the external environment for possible regulatory change and supporting the business in implementing control changes where these changes arise.
- Support business projects to ensure that all compliance issues arising are correctly addressed
- Supporting the business in identifying, addressing and mitigating breaches and errors that arise. Maintaining Breaches and Control logs
- Provision of training to the business on compliance matters
- Preparation and drafting of reports on compliance performance for the Board and Executive team.
- Supporting the management of engagement with the Central Bank, including inspections, meetings, information requests, action delivery and other communications
- Updating control logs of requirements including controls and control owners.
- Reviewing various documents including advertising, customer communications, scripts, policy wording to ensure regulatory compliance
- Undertaking compliance risk assessments across the business
- Satisfaction of business managers in terms of quality and timeliness of recommendations, advise, guidance and input to business decisions together with appropriate challenge
- ACOI Qualification, Diploma in Compliance
- 5 year's plus experience in a compliance/insurance environment
- Experience working within a non-life insurance organisation
- Understand and experience around internal audits and inspections
- Experience with liaising with the Central Bank is important for this role
- Good knowledge of the Irish regulatory environment and requirements
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.