Compliance Advisor - Consumer Protection
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The objective of the KBC Bank Ireland's Consumer Protection function is to ensure that KBCI acts in an honest and fair manner ensuring that the customer's best interests are protected at all times & that the business adheres to the relevant / required Consumer Protection Regulations. The Consumer Protection Domain provides assistance to the Bank in adhering to their Compliance obligations.
The primary role of the selected candidate, is to assist with the tasks assigned to the Consumer Protection domain. This will include gaining an understanding of the Bank's adherence to the relevant Consumer Protection codes and Regulations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and assistance on Compliance issues, especially the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulations and standards
- Investigating possible or suspected Consumer Protection breaches of compliance obligations and/or errors (including root causes and remediation actions), where appropriate
- Co-ordinating and delivering any required Group wide education and training regarding the specified compliance domains and business areas
- Advising the business of the consumer protection considerations associated with new and existing products and distribution channels
- Continuing to develop and foster high-quality working relationships with all departments of the Bank to ensure that they fully understand their role to ensure they are compliant
- Where appropriate, represent the Group at various compliance bodies and in the development and formulation of compliance regulations and policies
- Contributing to and fostering a team-based approach within the Consumer Protection team
Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation in a confident and professional manner
- Knowledge of relevant Consumer Protection legislation and regulation, particularly CPC, CCMA and SME
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong customer centric focus
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work as part of a wider compliance team
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the proven ability to prioritise work to achieve objectives within the required timescales
- Must be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Education and Experience:
- 3 + Years' experience working in financial services, in a consumer protection role or conduct risk role
- Business / finance/banking related 3rd level degree
- Relevant Professional qualification or part-qualification, preferable but not essential.
Morgan McKinley are the on-site recruitment partners for KBC Ireland