A brand new role for an experienced Logistics/Freight Professional
A Cork based multi-national tech company is looking to expand their current TMS team with a brand-new role for a Commercial Freight Analyst
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- 5 + Years' experience within a Logistics/Freight role
- End to end Logistics experience and a very strong commercial awareness of the logistics industry
- Experience with Air/Sea/Road freight forwarding either as a provider within a 3PL or as a customer/Client managing their own logistics
- Very strong knowledge of fright pricing with an in-depth knowledge of price per item, per KG and per pallet on different modes of freight.
- Experience in dealing with Transport Management Systems with regards to Freight costs and freight management.
- Very strong IT (SAP) and data analysis skills/experience
Some duties may include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating all pricing elements of Global, Network, Local and Project Tenders.
- Analysing bid information to ensure thorough understanding of requirements and communicating same with the business.
- Analysing data for existing business to facilitate best approach in respective tenders and discussing with team.
- Review, validate, and confirm harmonised tariff classifications under IE and EU commodity codes, additional export/import commodity control classifications for all products and raw materials as necessary. This includes but not limited to Collaboration within the organization, brokerage and vendors/partners.
- Coordinate shipments; compile required documentation, maintain shipping schedule, create monthly shipping and distribution reports.
- Manage freight partner relationships, ensuring on-time shipments and deliveries
- Liaise with the shipping operators and ensure that shipments are packed to their correct specifications
- Support International Transportation and Shipping process with documentation as needed
- As primary point of contact for all tactical trade related functions, manage Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers including regular auditing of entry filings, reconciliations, disclosures as needed.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.