Exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Manager II
Morgan McKinley have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Manager II - in Anaesthetics and Recovery for a leading private hospital in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the highest standards in patient care at all times.
- You are required to contribute to the effective use of all hospital resources at your disposal. (Human element/Administrative element etc.)
- You are required to maximise staff development in a learning environment. This will include support, motivation and guidance for all of those employees within your remit.
- Ensure that agreed standards of practice within the Recovery room and Operating Department are practised and maintained.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with all grades of staff throughout the hospital.
- Ensure that all steps are taken to promote and maintain safety in the unit.
- To be responsible for the custody, storage and registration of all drugs and other medicinal products used within the Recovery room in accordance with current Codes of Practice.
- To ensure allocated staffing duties are carried out. To control rota, work lists and annual leave arrangements. To liaise and report annual leave requests to Theatre Manager.
- Carry out procedures and guidelines in accordance with hospital policy.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams within the hospital, to improve processes and practices and to identify areas for quality improvement with regard to maintaining JCI Accreditation.
- Be a Registered General Nurse on the live register of nurses maintained by An Bord Altranais or be entitled to be so registered and have one or more of the following:
- (a) a post-registration qualification in Recovery room technique,
- (b) a post-registration qualification in Anaesthetics/Recovery Room,
- (c) a management qualification or
- (d) a Critical Care/HDU qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years post registration experience in a Recovery Room setting.
- Have demonstration and practical experience of preceptor ship, teaching and assessment of students.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.