Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a CEO to join their rapidly growing organisation
- Ensure Best Governance and Compliance Practices.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Report to the Board on the business of the organisation (including periodic reports on performance against the annual business plan, budgeted projections versus actuals and KPI Dashboard) and highlight any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Develop Board meeting agendas, prepare Board papers and advise the Board on all matters under consideration.
- Ensure compliance with taxation, company law, employment law, Lobbying and other relevant legislation.
- Manage Day-to-Day Operations
- Carry out the business efficiently and effectively in line with the expectations of the Board and the members
- Represent the organisation in a professional manner and seek to advocate for and protect the company's interests.
- Attract new members and maintain the existing membership base.
- Manage the organisations finances and ensure best-practice financial controls are in place.
- Manage the year-end audit process.
- Manage existing revenue streams and identify and develop new revenue streams and opportunities for sponsorship and grant aid.
- Lead, manage, motivate, develop staff..
- Develop and implement human resources policies, procedures and practices for staff and volunteers and provide relevant staff training to ensure familiarisation and compliance with these policies.
- Build and manage relationships with the company's key stakeholders and act as a point of contact for key sponsors and strategic partners.
- Work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) as determined by the Board of Directors and as driven by the company's schedule of events.
- At least five years' management experience in corporate business, SME or local development sectors.
- A third level business-related qualification.
- Knowledge of industry trends and of Wexford County, its businesses and its strategic challenges.
- Experience of reporting to or working with a voluntary board of directors.
- Strong financial management and analytical skills.
- A proven track record of effective team management and results-driven leadership.
- A flexible, reliable approach and a professional work ethic.
- The networking skills to form and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, interest groups and agencies.
- A strong commercial focus coupled with the ability to recognise and generate new opportunities
- An organised approach which ensures the delivery of a consistently high standard of work within the required time-frames.
- Excellent computer skills, including email and MS Office Suite.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.