CDU Underwriter role is reporting to Assistant Manager/Manager within the Complex Underwriting Unit
Reporting to Assistant Manager/Manager within the Complex Underwriting Unit, this role is responsible for the underwriting of mortgage restructure requests. These cases must be handled in a professional manner within company procedures and guidelines.
This is a 6 month FTC based in Dublin 2.
- Meeting the team daily targets as set out by management in order to ensure that the department is working within the agreed SLA's
- Deal with underwriting requests for restructuring of customer's mortgage account within company policy and the appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Assess/underwrite customers completed SFS forms & their ability to make repayments in line with Central Bank Sustainability rules.
- Assess/underwrite customers completed Statements of Means for unsecured debt resolution.
- Communicate long term resolution options to customers by phone.
- Deal efficiently with incoming calls and written correspondence from customers and solicitors where relevant.
- Using the Combined Decision Support Tool (CDST) to create a restructure arrangement appropriate to the customer's circumstances.
- Give advice to customers in relation to the Banks options available to them within CCMA and CPC guidelines where applicable.
- Conducting general administration, PC work and filing
- Actively participating in and contributing to weekly team meetings
- Working in a professional and timely manner in a busy and challenging Unit
- Ideally have previous experience in underwriting and /or debt resolution.
- Effective call handling skills to ensure that customers are dealt with in a professional manner whilst also showing empathy to customers who may be faced with financial difficulties
- Recognised qualification /accreditation i.e. APA/QFA in order to be in a position to discuss with customers product information and give advice in relation to forbearance options when required.
- Ideally currently working in a controlled function role i.e. APA role
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.