An opportunity to join a fast paced purchasing team
Our Killarney based Client have a requirement for a strong Buyer/Planner to join their expanding procurement team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with ~2 years' experience and a track record of success dealing with suppliers and setting up a supply network.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a highly motivated self-starter can manage multiple tasks simultaneously have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and well-developed influencing skills.
- Analyse and optimise the Supply Chain.
- Lead Material planning.
- Responsible for Material, subcontract and service purchase and follow up.
- General administration of all relevant processes, e.g. purchase orders, subcontract operations, sales orders, receipting, invoicing, stock adjustments, etc.
- Liaising with suppliers and visiting supplier facilities as necessary.
- Working with all involved internal and external parties.
- All other duties within the Purchasing Department.
- Optimising inventory levels.
- Processing complaints.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience required in a purchasing role.
- A recognised qualification in a related discipline.
- Experience in Engineering / manufacturing environments is a distinct advantage.
- Strong negotiation, analytics and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
- Advanced skills with formulas and complex financial spreadsheets in MS Excel.
- Experience of material planning and warranty management with an ERP system
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.