An opportunity to join a fast paced purchasing team
Our Mayo based Client is a leader in their industry, providing support and solutions to Ireland's leading multinationals. They are now looking to recruit a Buyer to join their existing team for an immediate start in Mayo.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for new and existing products.
- Liaise with external suppliers, Customer Engineering, third party sub-contractors and all aspects of the operation, to maintain proactive successful relations.
- Issue, receive and manage Customer owned Inventory and Consignment Inventory utilizing the Customers stock management systems.
- Devise, implement and manage supply chain projects that deliver added value services and cost benefits.
- Review operating systems, procedures and practices on an ongoing basis, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency to reduce costs.
- Strong negotiator with excellent planning & organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of merchandising and operations functions
- Ability to liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Previous buying experience ideally with engineering /industrial experience
- A passionate & positive attitude with a strong work ethic.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.