Are you a passionate, experienced procurement professional who is looking to work in an operational capacity within the Global Sourcing and Procurement team?
This buyer role will have a primarily focus on contract and stakeholder management while providing sourcing and procurement support across a range of goods, works and services.
The successful candidate will have excellent listening and communication skills both written and oral with the ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels within the organisation. You will need 3+ years relevant procurement experience and a certification (or working towards) with a relevant professional body - CIPS, IIPMM, etc.
This role would ideally suit a driven individual with strong influencing and team-building skills, with an ability to build consensus and engagement with the key stakeholders at all levels and across organisation boundaries.
- Developing and leveraging strong stakeholder relationships to interrogate business requirements, evaluate spend analysis and deliver optimal sourcing/procurement/supply strategies
- Creating and leading sourcing and tendering activities (e.g., RFx, results analysis, negotiations and awards) and supporting contract writing and contract management activities
- Identifying and leading negotiation opportunities with suppliers to support savings objectives and to ensure that the commercial, reputational and legal interests are protected
- Undertaking training, coaching and other support activities with suppliers and stakeholders to maintain compliance with procurement processes
- Providing first line support for internal customers utilizing onboarding tools and purchase orders, especially using Oracle iProcurement
- Preparing, collecting and monitoring data and trends relating to supplier performance to support effective decision-making within the team, including tracking the supplier market to identify opportunities for cost savings and service improvements
- Contributing to maintenance of accurate and up-to-date relevant information on suppliers and transactions, using daily monitoring and audit reporting to identify issues and using solid judgement in determining breaches to policy
- Assisting with spend goals for the supplier diversity programme and ensuring relationship management, balance of trade and diversity
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.