Senior Business Development Manager within Air and Sea Freight
Due to a period of growth, this Irish owned 3PL now has the opportunity for another Business development manager to join their already successful team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a highly developed level of experience with Air and Sea freight business development within a logistics provider environment along with being a self-motivated, results driven individual. Entrepreneurial flair and well versed with the ever-changing dynamics of this fast-paced & exciting industry
The duties of this role:
- To generate and develop new business with both new and existing customers by increasing business across all service channels with a strong emphasis on air and ocean.
- Schedule weekly appointments with potential customers across Ireland and follow through and report on qualified appointments arranged by business development team.
- Manage an allocated customer account list with the view of increasing existing business every quarter, while ensuring a minimum of 85-90% retention rate across their allocated accounts.
- To develop both new and existing business using both current database and other sources (Manifests, sales leads, tradeshows, etc.)
- Target specific areas, sectors and streams of business for development as required
- Third level business/logistics qualification
- Full clean driving license
- Minimum of 5-6 years' experience in business to business sales. Especially a track record with selling to senior management level
- Minimum of 6-8 years' experience in the freight/logistics industry would be desirable not essential
- Product knowledge especially in the Air and Ocean market
IF YOU FEEL YOUR EXPERIENCE MATCHES THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY TO THE JOB HERE OR CONTACT JACK DIRECTLY ON JOCONNELL@MORGANMCKINLEY.IE
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.