Business Analyst is required to play a key role within a newly created Global Procurement Center of Excellence for this leading Pharmaceutical client in Cork.
This role reports to the Procurement Manager and as Business Analyst you will support the overall procurement strategy and enable the procurement team through analytics, metrics and reporting.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Support procurement and procurement activities for all spend areas in achieving the goal of significant initial cost reductions by conducting analyses on spend data and researching trends in relevant supply markets
- Work closely with procurement managers in conducting research on supply markets, price benchmarks, and supplier profiles to inform vendor selection process, helping to ensure best price
- Conducts research as needed on supply markets using a full spectrum of information sources (e.g. market indices, online databases, print sources, trade associations, etc.)
- Seeks new information sources which provide information on industry structure, supplier landscape, and competitor actions for supply markets
- Gathers & analyses information, formulates & tests hypotheses, and synthesizes & communicates findings
What you need:
- The ideal candidate will have circa 3+ years' experience in analysis, financial analysis, spend analysis or Cost Modelling
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Computer Sciences or Engineering or similar required
- Comfortable working with a broad range of research tools and technologies, analytics, and basic financial analyses
- Strong data analysis skills (e.g., Excel, Access, Power BI, Spotfire)
- Able to structure basic financial analyses and can evaluate P&L statements
- Able to synthesize information from diverse sources and present findings clearly and concisely
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
For full information or to apply for this role please contact David Foley on 021-2300300 or email email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.