Role and Responsibility
- Conduct requirements capture workshops, meetings and presentations to gather business justification drivers and requirements (both functional and non-functional) for each new Client Technology project.
- Undertake gap analysis of captured requirements against any existing in-house solutions. Identify any enhancements necessary to align these with the project requirements.
- Undertake new product capability assessments, comparisons and evaluations (inc. trials).
- Using best practice methods and tools to produce detailed requirements and functional specifications to capture any 'as-is' and 'to-be' changes.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to solution development.
- Work with the project stakeholders, PMO and the Client Technology team to prioritise and sequence the optimum delivery of the project requirements.
- Actively manage stakeholder expectations in terms of project scope and delivery timelines. Closely and continually manage project scope.
- Coordinate analysis efforts with internal Business Services teams and any 3rd party suppliers to ensure that requirements can be delivered in accordance with the stakeholders needs. Propose remediation's to address gaps.
- Work closely with IT & Operations to ensure that any current or new products being proposed work in line with current (or future) technical capabilities.
- Work closely with the PMO to ensure any project deliverables are created in line with the overall PMO lifecycle.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to all project stakeholders, at all stages, to ensure stakeholders are aware of progress and remain aligned on scope and deliverables.
- Ensure the delivery of business analysis collateral for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support all phases of the projects user acceptance testing cycle to ensure requirements as detailed in the specification documentation have been delivered.
- Work closely with project stakeholders, Business Services, and IT teams to ensure a smooth transition to the new solution. Where necessary devise detailed cut over plans to address potential operational impacts at cutover.Organise, create and release user guides and training documentation required for each project.
- Proactively build a detailed and in depth understanding of the business processes and approaches used across all areas of the firm in the delivery of legal services.
- Proactively review existing business systems and suppliers against others in the market, keeping abreast of new developments in the technology space.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent ability in producing high quality, clear, structured business requirements and project documentation.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills to present technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
- A self-starter who is comfortable in, and committed to, working through ambiguity with an ability to take the initiative.
- Excellent ability to steer projects through to completion by taking ownership and working through ambiguity.
- Excellent end to end project lifecycle experience including testing solutions to ensure they meet requirements.
- Ability to balance immediate client needs with the maturing strategic aims of the firm/function.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation abilities. Able to handle multiple deliveries in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- A good understanding of technology and IT systems - preferably in the financial or legal services domains.
- High level of professionalism and accountability; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care.
- Advanced proficiency with the full Microsoft Office suite including. M/S Project and M/S Visio.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.