Product - Dublin, Leinster
What We Want:
The Business Analyst will work with our product owner and Agile software engineering teams to successfully deliver features and products to the market. The Business Analyst will be responsible for certain key functional areas of the product and will work with Product Sponsors to help define business requirements, working with scrum teams to translate these to technical tasks and assist the Product Owner in the delivery of product features in a specified timeline. Our ideal candidate would have experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner.
What is Expected of You
- Attend requirement gathering workshops in order to define user stories for product features
- Build and groom product backlog. Create and prioritise stories that align with the product roadmap and release goals
- Work in sync with our Product Management team, contributing to product vision, roadmap and release planning
- Act as a point of communication between the business and software development
- Be a champion of user experience and define and execute user stories that ensure superior customer experience when using feature/product
- Use agile/scrum methodologies to help drive and deliver product releases.
- Help remove any impediments that the development team face during the product life cycle.
- Provide business with updates on project status while record and communicate any Risks or Issues that may impact project deadlines
- Work collaboratively across all functional departments including marketing, sales, support, professional services, architecture and others and drive communication of releases including new features and defects to internal and external stakeholders.
- Involvement in the project planning & support of software solution development projects through the project lifecycle.
What You Need:
- 3-5 years in a Software Engineering or Software support role
- Experience in developing Consumer focussed web applications
- Experience in Agile development (particularly Scrum) in organizing and motivating teams to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in writing user stories, acceptance criteria and Agile software development
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field
- In-depth knowledge of how Scrum Agile works in a software development environment.
- Certification or experience in areas related to Product Management, Scrum or Agile methodologies
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Experience with dealing with third party suppliers.
- Strong technical aptitude; programming and/or UX (User Experience) background a strong plus
- Experience with some of: Python, MySQL, PHP, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, ReactJS, Jira a plus
- Experience in web applications highly desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.