We are currently seeking a number of Automation Shift Technicians
Title: Automation Technician
Supports manufacturing projects and contributes to the development and implementation of the business manufacturing strategy. Responsible for the implementation of manufacturing solutions to meet the requirements of customers' product introductions.
Reports directly to the Senior Automation Engineer.
- Ideally will have a minimum of a National Diploma in a suitable Engineering subject and ideally at least 2 to 3 years' experience in supporting technical project management.
- Must have knowledge in computer systems, word processing and spreadsheets, and ideally in integrated manufacturing systems, Allen Bradley & Siemens PLC's, Motion and Machine Control Systems.
- Must have knowledge of Robotics, Cognex Vision Systems, Barcode Scanning & RFID Automatic Identification and Data Capture used in High Volume Manufacturing.
- Preferably have a knowledge of Industrial Networks (Ethernet IP, Control Net & Profibus) and has worked on an MES system. Must have a good understanding of Manufacturing Automation, and ideally in Machine design, Development and Validation Process.
- Preferably worked in either the Medical, Packaging, FMCG or technological industries with a good understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel as required by the position.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support equipment process and product introduction projects
- Work on the implementation of the manufacturing strategy to meet customer and Tech Group Europe needs.
- Participate in project teams, identifying deliverables, time and cost, setting priorities and reporting to meet the needs of the business and the customer.
- Supports Tech Group Europe's relationships with the customers and equipment suppliers in pursuit of new business, product development, manufacturing process development, continuous improvement and on-going business development.
- Work with equipment suppliers ensuring delivery meets specification, cost and time.
- Ensure that equipment meets the regulatory requirements of the business. Validation, health and safety etc.
- Support the installation of equipment with appropriate training and hand over to operations
- Work with all departments across the business to ensure that processes meet their requirements.
- Identify, specify and introduce manufacturing methods and opportunities into the company
- Assist with the training and development of personnel in Tech Group Europe on processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Ensure that the procedures and systems are in place to facilitate the introduction of processes and equipment.
- Carry out maintenance of equipment where needed
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.