Automation Engineer, Contract, Tipperary
Automation Engineer, Contract
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
I am currently looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join a nationally recognised manufacturing company Tipperary. As an Automation Engineer, you will be joining a highly experienced team of experts who work collaboratively together and are extremely focused on developing skills and knowledge.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of Machine Design Control Systems Including Servo Motion and High-Speed Device Integration.
- Develop, Test and Install Plc and Control Software as Part of a Highly Automated, High Volume 24/7 Validated Production Environment
- Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Develop High Quality Plc and HMI Code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work Within A Cross Functional Multi-discipline Team Environment.
- Participates Within Project Teams, Provide Technical Support and Make Informed Decisions on Hardware and Architecture Selection.
- Fault-Find Complex Automation Equipment
- Maintain Comprehensive Documentation of Code to Medical Device Standards
- Prioritize Multiple Tasks While Working to Tight Schedules
- Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop Machine Control Software Involving Servo Pneumatic and Data Control.
- Participate Among Cross-Functional Teams to Ensure Projects Are Delivered on Time and To Required Quality Standards.
- Develop, Debug and Validate Control System Software Programs
- Analyse, Understand, Fault-Find and Modify Automation Software
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to Organize, Plan and Execute Multiple Tasks to Tight Schedules
- Highly Motivated Self-Starter
- Ability to Document Own Work Clearly and Precisely
- Strong Communication Skills
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING YOU?
- Work for one of the leaders in the Industry
- Collaborative working environment where each member's input is valued
- Work in a high-performance, high-speed environment and exposure to latest manufacturing technologies
- Flexible pay rates depending on experience
- 12-month contract position
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent
- 5 years experience working with Automated Control Systems
- Strong PLC Background (Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA HMI software)
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.