Our client have an exciting new opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join their team.
In this role, you will be a member of a highly experience team of Automation Engineering experts who are collaborative and very focused on developing individual and team, knowledge and skillsets.
This role will provide countless opportunities for a young engineer with 2 years experience to expand and develop their skillset and career.
- Maintain the validated state of the automated systems.
- Must be focused and passionate about production support.
- To participate in the development of automated system life cycle documents to meet business requirements in the support of automated systems.
- Provide system support in the areas of PM's, engineering spares, maintenance, training programs, and Data Integrity.
- Support and programming for PLC's, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- To provide technical expertise in the area of process automation and equipment development.
- Support department to be audit\inspection ready and participate in audits and regulatory inspections as required.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of all of the different automation systems on site.
- Design, develop and test software code in accordance with site coding standards and following good automation manufacturing practice.
- Implement code\systems changes on the automation systems under site change management\change control.
- Provide technical support to partners within Engineering and Operations for automated systems during the life cycle of the equipment.
- Resolve issues by engaging with Global IT support teams.
- Manage the specification, development and installation of projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Working on site Automation Systems and continuous improvement initiatives using 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Any other activities as directed by the Site Automation Lead.
2 years experience supporting DCS (Delta V), PLC, SCADA, HMI, and PC controlled (Rockwell, Siemens) systems in a manufacturing environment is desired.
Appropriate Engineering Qualification (preferably B.Sc.\ B.E. degree in engineering) with particular emphasis in Electrical\Electronics\Automation\Mechatronics or Computer science.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.