Leading Accounting & Finance firm looking for a self- motivated Associate Director with strong Financial Services industry background
FAAS Associate Director
- Providing input into the design and implementation of the business unit strategy;
- Working with senior team members to determine the products and services to be delivered;
- Helping to identify target market, a specific list of target entities and a go to market plan;
- Improving the financial statement close process through reduction in timelines, or increasing the robustness or quality of the output;
- Introducing new or improved management information through the use of new BI tools or the introduction and monitoring of appropriate KPI's
- Strong experience in the preparation of financial statements in asset management and/or banking;
- Experience in a variety of funds types / structures such as mutual funds, UCITs, ICAVs, Private equity, REITs, SPVs an advantage;
- Experience in automated financial reporting packages for asset management an advantage;
- Proficient accountant, with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS.
- Assist in maintaining and developing key client relationships;
- Assist with the on-shoring or off-shoring of financial reporting and finance related processes.
- Design and implementation of project plans;
- Diagnosis, stabilisation and process redesign arising from a critical business or P&L issues;
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe;
- Manage a team while on assignment;
- Commercial / business awareness;
- A passion for client service.
- Deep knowledge of financial services / asset management industry either directly or through practice;
- Appropriate professional qualification, which may be based in accounting or another appropriate discipline;
- Specific experience of having been part of large scale finance projects in a multinational environment;
- Experience in a top 10 practice;
- 5 - 8 years PQE practical experience of auditing or preparing financial statements;
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a team;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- Mature and confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills;
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively;
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.