Assistant Tax - Senior Tax Manager
The ideal candidate will be accustomed to dealing with multinational clients who are keen for something more international and commercial.
You will have a broad range of Indirect Tax experience, be proactive and comfortable in a market facing role. The role will be varied, with exposure to various Irish tax technical matters but with a focus on building client relations and going to market across a wide range of international indirect tax matters including customs and international trade, indirect tax compliance and indirect tax technology matters. The team is growing and so the opportunities for further development are excellent.
My client is looking for a Manager/ Senior Manager in a growing and developing team with a focus on building client relationships and growing the business by means of actively engaging clients in managing the changing indirect tax environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing a client portfolio including Irish compliance and advisory clients, international indirect tax project management & selling/delivering indirect tax technology projects
- Proactively engaging in go to market initiatives around indirect tax
- Developing and growing client relationships
- Cross selling indirect tax internally
- Developing and growing a team on each of the accounts under management
- Engaging and upskilling on indirect tax technology offerings and initiatives and bringing such opportunities to the market
Skills and attributes for success
- Irish/EU/international indirect tax expertise
- Experience with ERP systems and data analytics from an indirect tax perspective or a desire to upskill
- Proactive in the market
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Extensive and proven indirect tax experience preferably with Big 4 / Top 10 exposure
- AITI or equivalent qualification
- Working knowledge/understanding of indirect tax systems
- Fluent written and spoken English
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in working with multinationals and coordinating multijurisdictional indirect tax projects
- Experience in assisting companies in optimising their indirect tax functions
- Flexibility to do what needs to be done to deliver a high standard of client service
What This Client offers:
They offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, they offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.