AML Analyst role with a Global Investment Bank
This exciting and varied role is sitting with the The Anti-Money Laundering and Due Diligence team. The main function of the team is conducting due diligence on clients during client onboarding and periodic review, on an ongoing basis. The AMLDD team ensures Global AML requirements are followed to minimize operational, regulatory, and reputational risk to the organisation.
This role is perfect for a candidate at the start of their career with one or two years experience in an AML or due dilligence function. The position comes with an excellent working environment and strong opportunities for progression.
Daily activities are as follows;
- Be actively engaged in identifying opportunities for process improvement and enhancing efficiencies;
- Verify AML requirements, such as KYC, MIFiD II, for clients at onboarding, period review and adhoc events to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering guidelines, as applicable;
- Utilize various independent online sources to obtain requisite information;
- Achieve exceptional quality of AML analysis via information / documentation review and accurate data entry, mitigating various risks to TD (i.e. reputational, financial, regulatory and operational risk);
- Liaise with various business partners to provide prompt and accurate responses to inquiries regarding regulatory requirements, obtain AML information, and escalate, when necessary;
- Achieve customer service standards by adhering to strict Service Level Agreements;
- Maintain accurate and in-depth audit trails of all in-coming requests from receipt through to execution, including filing on document repository.
- Assist in the audit and regulatory exam processes by gathering data for internal auditors and other control areas, as required.
Requirements for the role are as follows;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Irish/UK regulations and anti-money laundering rules such as the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing
- Sound knowledge and understanding of MIFiD/MIFiD II
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the operating environment, business process and procedures, the transaction lifecycle, as well as the businesses supported (e.g. Fixed Income, Equities, Global Counterparty Credit).
- Complete work within specifically defined parameters with guidance / direction from management, as necessary.
- Some complexity in operational / reporting / process and/or analysis function generally requiring a short-term focus (eg. exception reporting, give-up agreements).
- Ability to execute on routine and ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work in a demanding environment.
- Sound organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to develop tactical solutions to project and or day-to-day problems.
- Sound communication skills both verbally and written.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office with sound Microsoft Excel skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.