Accounts Assistant / Trainee Accountant - Galway
We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for our client in a very successful Hospitality business.
A superb Permanent position is now open in Galway for a Part Qualified / Trainee Accountant to join an extremely friendly and supportive team. This role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to progress their career within this well established and highly respected business.
This position will offer you a competitive salary, trainee support, additional benefits as well as fantastic career progression for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Safe and Cash Control on a Daily Basis.
- Cash and credit cards and 360 reconciliation are processed on a daily basis
- To deal with daily transactions of petty cash and ensure that reconciliations and authorization are completed on a daily basis
- Ensure that the income audit checklist is prepared correctly and fully on a daily basis and ensure that this is signed off on a daily basis.
- Ensure that any cash or credit card discrepancies are followed up on a timely manner
- Ensure that any missing dockets are chased and given to accounts
- Responsible for the safe count of change and ensure the 360 machine is fully reconciled and correct count in the machine.
- Deal with any other queries or issues that arise with income audit procedures.
- Ensures transfers from the ledger to AR Ledger are accurate and done in a timely fashion
- Ensure debtors are contacted in a timely manner to ensure that they have received all invoices
- Deal with any customer queries in a timely manner to ensure we receive payment on time.
- Post payments received
- Balances accounts receivable system to the general ledger on a routine basis
- Balances and adjusts all house accounts daily
- Makes all necessary adjustments or credits
- Prepares all appropriate period closing reports and entries
- Overall, to assist in this area when needed and cover when required.
- Reconciliation of Invoices
- Cross checking invoices to delivery dockets and purchase orders
- Inputting/ Exporting of all invoices on a monthly basis
- To reconcile statements monthly.
- Deal appropriately with supplier queries.
- Also, to cover the Accounts Payable position when required.ie Process Supplier invoices, dealing with queries, reconciliation of statements.
- Assists in the preparation of month end reconciliation and in the final monthly closing of the accounts receivable system
Requirements and Experience:
The ideal candidate may currently be working as a Trainee Accountant or as an Accounts Assistant. You will have one- or two-years' experience working in an accounts department.
We are also eager to speak with potential candidates who may have worked in a hospitality business before, ideally you will have some accounts experience.
You must have strong numerical skills and excellent PC / IT skills. Good system experience. Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.