Are you a Part-Qualified Accountant? Would you like to complete your training and exams within Industry?
Fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant / Part-Qualified Accountant to join a leading Organisation in the Shannon region. This company has enjoyed massive growth and success over the last few years. The successful candidate will be offered a Permanent position and a variety of benefits including Pension, a healthcare contribution, free parking and generous annual leave.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the on boarding accounting process for new clients.
- Preparing bank account opening documentation (including liaising with internal legal and compliance team and clients
- Administering bank accounts online including the set-up of payments, beneficiaries, etc. and liaising with clients and colleagues in relation to same.
- Processing bank transactions into the accounting system.
- Processing POs and sales orders into the accounting system.
- Processing purchases and sales invoices into the accounting system.
- Maintaining client debtors and creditors ledgers
- Maintaining client fixed asset register
- Reconciling and managing inventory for client companies including overseeing purchase orders, sales orders, stock levels and liaising with customers and suppliers, Transaction management and co-ordination, including printing, review where appropriate and arranging for signing of transaction documents.
- Preparing VAT returns and tax registration or other forms as may be required
- Preparation of reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with preparation of client management accounts
- Assist with preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Scanning and filing of documents and correspondence o Scheduling and attending internal meetings. Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Liaising with the client manager in relation to the planning and completion of accounting tasks. Liaising with clients in a timely manner and dealing efficiently with queries by e-mail and telephone
- Preparation and filing of reviewed client taxation returns, including corporation tax, VAT and payroll taxes.
- Preparing audit files and liaising with third party auditors and managing the audit process in conjunction with the clients reporting timelines
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be assigned to you from time to time
Job specific requirements
- Trainee accountant
- Two years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player with flexible and hands-on approach where required
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.