Accountant - Team Lead
An opportunity has arisen with one of Limericks global Multinationals. This role with lead a team of Accountants.
This team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting and Relationship Management services to there clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Assist in managing an ever expanding team.
- Has responsibility for assisting with the development and execution of the department's strategic plans, goals and priorities.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to their team.
- Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the business.
- Financial Reporting - Manages the preparation of interim and annual financial statements for private equity Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Fund Accounting - Manages the PE team through the collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Ensures NAV's are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Ensures the accurate and timely payment of operating expenses.
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Client Servicing- Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department's performance to clients (internal and external).
Skills / Experience
- Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification with at least 5 years post QE experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of PE Fund Administration.
- Willingness to support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Ability to assist in the development of a team in a Tier 3 location.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.