TMS Derivatives Analyst
Asset Management Operations Trade Management Services (TMS) are responsible for all aspects of Post Trade Operations across the Equity, Fund, Fixed Income, FX / Money Market, and Derivative asset classes.
The Derivative team within TMS are responsible for processing all OTC and Exchange Traded Derivatives across global markets. The team processes a broad range of instruments, specifically Futures, Options, Contracts for Difference, Interest rate and Credit Swaps, both bilateral and centrally cleared. The team are responsible for all aspects of the Post Trade Operational life cycle: trade capture, confirmation, position and cash balance reconciliation, option assignments, payments, portfolio reconciliation and EMIR compliance.
In addition the team are also responsible for managing counterparty risk by fully collateralising the bilateral OTC portfolios on a daily basis.
What you'll do
The Analyst will be involved in a number of tactical and strategic projects to add capacity, increase efficiency and support new products.
Daily tasks include
* All trades are captured and confirmed in accordance with internal deadlines
* Daily liaison with Clearing Brokers to ensure all trades are 'given up' in a timely manner
* Portfolios are reconciled and exceptions are resolved on a daily basis
* All trades are reported in accordance with EMIR regulations
* Cash balances at Clearing Brokers are managed and reconciled on a daily basis
* Liaise with Brokers, Custodians and Trading desks to resolve day to day processing issues
* All OTC portfolios are collateralised on a daily basis.
* Ad hoc project work as required to enhance processes and support new products.
Key Skills that would be beneficial:
* Previous operational experience would be beneficial in more than two of the following:
o Exchange Traded Derivatives
o Interest Rate and Credit Swaps
o Contracts for Difference
o Portfolio Reconciliation
o Collateral Management
o Trade Reporting
* Previous knowledge of any of the following systems:
o DTCC Trade Information Warehouse
o Power BI
* Strong Excel skills as many processes use 'End User Computing' solutions
* Awareness of Investment Management Operations and the connection to asset servicing and NAV production
* Highly numerate
* Able to prioritise workload and work to both NAV point deadlines and market deadlines under pressure
* A strong communicator who is able to explain issues effectively
* Self- motivated with a strong desire to succeed
* Accurate with a keen sense of Operational risk
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.