Buyer / Planner
This is an xxciting opportunity for a buyer planner to join a leading global pharmaceutical company in Dublin.
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for planning and purchasing of materials to support internal manufacturing schedules and scheduling & ordering of externally manufactured products. The successful candidate will drive the day-to-day management of suppliers to ensure the achievement of agreed delivery, quality and service to the site.
Applicants for this vacancy must possess the following knowledge, skills, qualification and experiences. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all who meet these criteria:
- Must have a minimum of five years purchasing experience in a Pharma environment.
- Must have experience in management of Contract Manufacturing Organisations.
- Have a degree in Business or related discipline.
- Must have ERP experience.
- Must be able to travel as a requirement for this role.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy.
- Must have strong presentation skills and be able to deliver purchasing presentation briefings to management.
- Forecast, plan and purchase raw and packaging materials to ensure availability in line with internal manufacturing and packaging schedules and budgets.
- Forecast, plan, schedule and order externally manufactured products in line with sales demand.
- Co-ordinate transportation of materials and externally manufactured products as required.
- Communicate with other stakeholders (Warehouse, Quality, Production etc.) regarding material availability, deliveries and schedules.
- Develop and issue procedures, which will implement overall purchasing policies and strategies.
- Act as a "conduit" or "hub" of the purchasing function, often placed as the front-line contact for both internal and external supplier issues.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing purchasing contracts.
- Involvement in supplier management plans for cost reduction, benchmarking and supplier rationalisation.
Responsible for monitoring, measuring and reporting supplier performance, in terms of delivery and
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.