Survey finds 65% of professional employers in Ireland plan to hire in 2012
Recently we surveyed 584 senior-level operational and HR managers working for financial services, professional services, manufacturing and IT companies across Ireland. Respondents were asked to share their views on business confidence, hiring and remuneration trends, and HR challenges for the year ahead. Our main findings were:
- 65% of professional employers in Ireland have hiring plans for 2012. A further 12% are still unsure of their recruitment strategies, whilst the remainder (23%) have no plans to hire over the next 12 months.
- More than half of managers (58%) expect their firms’ hiring levels to increase in 2012, compared to 2011.
Our December Irish Employment Monitor was also released and we found:
- There was a 34% year-on-year increase in the total number of new professional job vacancies registered in Ireland in 2011.
- December 11 registered a 9% month-on-month decrease in the number of new professional jobs in Ireland. There was however an increase of 29% in the number of professional job opportunities when compared to December 10.
- The number of professionals seeking new jobs fell by 48% month-on-month in December 11 but increased 5% compared to the same month last year.
- More than half of managers expect to see hiring levels increase in 2012
To read the full report click here.