I am a HR generalist: What should I put on my CV?
I have included some general points which cover all of the broad ranging areas of a generalist HR practitioner at a junior or a senior level which should be included in a HR CV.
Every HR job description will place a stronger emphasis in one or two areas, it’s important to note this and to expand on this in your CV.
A HR generalist or HR manager's CV should include:
Main duties & responsibilities
- Liaise with business partners ensuring consistent roll out of HR policies and communications.
- Provide information for HR monthly reports: mention a number of reports you are involved in.
- Support HR business planning and headcount process.
- Manage and support payroll activity on behalf of HR Dept which includes bonus process and salary benchmarking for the site.
- Ensure departmental spend is within budget while maintaining superior service.
- Provide support and advice on employee relations matters.
- Provide support and advice on employment legislation.
- Manage monitoring and reporting of absence, lates, etc.
- Advise people managers on performance improvement guidelines.
- Manage the recruitment and selection of direct and indirect employees within the company.
- Manage contract renewal process.
HSE (Health Safety and Environmental)
- Play an active role in HSE within the company.
Learning and development
- Support management/employee development.
- Manage organisational talent review process.
- Manage succession planning and career development.
- Support company learnings and development initiatives.
- Management of performance review process.
- Support mentoring program.
- Lead and support business related projects, where requested, to drive HR and the business forward.
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Support overall strategy and annual improvement plans.
- HR compliance focusing on audit preparation and documentation for the site.
Always ensure you detail all systems experience clearly on your CV.
Note all academic qualification ensuring any in-house or external course in particular anything relating to employee relations.