Compared to the same month last year, the number of professional job opportunities has increased by 33%
16% more professional jobs came to market in July compared to June
- 33% more professional jobs available this month compared to July last year.
- A month on month increase of 16% in professional jobs coming to market.
- 1% decrease in the number of professionals entering the jobs market, compared to July 2014.
- July was an exceptionally busy month for IT professionals, with 25% more IT roles on offer in July than in June.
- Steady growth in the number of new roles in the banking and financial services sectors.
- IT contracting roles are increasing in popularity as the number of IT projects in development rises.
- Within the IT sector, demand was highest in July for .Net and Mobile development professionals.
- Within banking and financial services, it was a very busy month for new credit roles and positions within retail, corporate and commercial banking.
- There was a steady increase for mortgage underwriting and junior mortgage administrator roles.
- Within construction, building services continues to perform impressively, with 30% growth in new roles on offer during July, compared to June. Other key professionals in demand include project engineers, design engineers and project managers.
View the full press release and commentary for the July Employment Monitor here.
Morgan McKinley's Irish Employment Monitor measures the pulse of the Irish professional jobs market by tracking the number of new job opportunities and professionals seeking new roles within the Republic of Ireland each month.
Require further information?
If you require any additional information or commentary on recent employment trends, please contact us today.