Availability of professional job opportunities grows 2% in April
The Info graphic shows Number of professional job seekers rises by 6% compared to April 2015
- Professional job opportunities increased by nearly 2% in April, compared to March 2016. There was a decrease of 9% in in professional job opportunities compared to April a year ago. However there is an overall balance and stability in the market.
- The number of professionals seeking new roles increased by 6% in April, compared to March 2016. This reduced by 8% compared to April 2015.
- In Financial Services, areas with continuing strong opportunity include Corporate Governance, Risk, Compliance, Financial and Business Analysis, Qualified Financial Advisory and Project Management.
- In Accountancy, there is strong demand for Audit and Taxation professionals, experienced consultants and newly qualified accountants.
- Growth in the general insurance market has led to a spike in demand for Chartered Insurance Professionals (CIPs) and experienced staff from commercial backgrounds.
- In general, the ICT, Pharma and Engineering sectors remain buoyant with very strong demand for candidates and ongoing competition for talent and skills availability.
- There is a strong and continuing requirement for candidates with language skills including German, Scandinavian languages, French, Dutch, Spanish and Italian.
View the full press release and commentary for the April Employment Monitor here.
Morgan McKinley's Irish Employment Monitor measures the pulse of the Irish professional jobs market by tracking the number of new job opportunities and professionals seeking new roles within the Republic of Ireland each month.
Require further information?
If you require any additional information or commentary on recent employment trends, please contact us today.