5 reasons to attend interview preparation with your recruitment consultant
So you have engaged with a consultant around a role (or roles!) that has caught your interest. Together you have discussed the organisation, and between you both have thrashed out the pros and cons of a move for you at this stage of your career.
You’re happy to have your CV submitted based on the information you have received, and not surprisingly the client would like to meet with you for interview!! So your consultant invites you back in for an interview preparation. Which you decline…
Here’s why you should attend interview preparation session with your consultant!
- We know our clients well, they‘ve given us the structure and content likely to be covered in your interview. Your experience written on paper has merited your being called to interview, and the client wants to see you do the best you can in person to understand a fit for the team, environment and organisation.
- Talking through your CV. Of course you know your work experience to date, but having a conversation with your consultant will draw out far more information than you have written on your CV, or more assets to your experience than you probably ever thought were relevant to your interview. Also, having the opportunity to run through your CV and experience and speak out loud will 100% increase your performance in interview, once you are nervous/under pressure in interview what you will remember is exactly what you have said out loud in a preparation scenario.
- We have had candidates interview there before. We know what was asked. It’s a no-brainer!
- We want to assist you on any areas you have questions or difficulty discussing, or clearly demonstrating in an interview scenario. This gives you a clear vision of what to expect in the interview so you are fully prepared.
- We can provide interviewer insight. No two interview processes are the same. Depending on the organization and the role, you could be interviewed by HR, the line manager, both individually, or any variety of management. Each will have a different agenda for the interview. This is important to remember as your approach with each should be slightly different.
So please, for your benefit and success, attend interview preparation with your recruitment consultant prior to any interview stage regardless of your level or experience. You want to best represent yourself to your potential employer. They will be impressed that you have made the effort to research and prepare in advance. If you would like some more interview tips then take a look at our Interview questions and Answers blog.