11% more professional opportunities available in August 2015 compared to the same month last year
Uplift in IT roles continues - 15% increase in the number of IT roles available this month, compared to July 2015
- 11% more professional jobs available this month compared to August last year.
- 3% increase in the number of professionals entering the jobs market, compared to August 2014.
- A month on month decrease of 13% in professional jobs coming to market, primarily reflective of the season.
- There was a 15% increase in the number of IT roles available this month, compared to the previous month.
- In Financial Services, regulatory changes continued to drive demand for professionals with risk and compliance backgrounds.
- German was the most in demand language, followed by Dutch, French and Nordic.
- Within the IT sector, iOS Developers and UX designers were in demand due to the release of the Apple watch and the increasing focus on the end user experience.
- IT infrastructure and support roles alone increased by 15% in August, primarily driven by multinational global technology and information services centres located in Dublin
- Changes in international tax environments continues to increase demand for international tax accountants and managers.
- An uptake in the requirement for corporate finance professionals was underpinned by the growth of M&A activity in the economy
View the full press release and commentary for the August Employment Monitor here.
Morgan McKinley's Irish Employment Monitor measures the pulse of the Irish professional jobs market by tracking the number of new job opportunities and professionals seeking new roles within the Republic of Ireland each month.
Require further information?
If you require any additional information or commentary on recent employment trends, please contact us today.